Quote of the Day

-

Saturday, May 8, 2010

OxyCodone why can't you be my friend?

I had surgery on my right foot yesterday to have an ingrown toenail removed (lovely I know!) And of course I am missing the most gorgeous three day weekend in Washington! The best part was the heating blanket that they give you pre-op that has hot air blown in to it. [ Inserting awful picture here]

 Photobucket
Now I have a history of doing awful with surgeries, doesn't matter what it is I will end up sick. They gave me a low dose oxycodone to take as my pain medication and boy did it take me for a ride. Nauseous, dizzy, falling asleep in an instant, ect. Then woke up this morning,ate and BAM! barfing for the next couple of hours. No fun. Oh and C. is at work all weekend, including yesterday. Thank God my family is only an hour away and my madre could come and take me to my surgery! But still, C. had surgery on his nose so he could breathe and I put everything on hold to take care of him and I'm stuck home alone barfing the contents of my stomach out. It makes me worry as to what we'll do if we don't live in Washington State anymore. Oh well.
Thursday night we stayed up till the wee hours to fix C's class A's. He had to have it taken out ( he's getting 70's Big!) and so we have to put all the insignia back on to it because he is the pall bearer (?) at a service on post on Monday. I have never seen this done, have no idea how to do it and watched (openly smirking) as C. struggled to measure and place everything just perfect. Needless to say it took awhile. I think I'll pass on learning how to do this! Monday is a busy day: Memorial service and change of command  two very new things for me! I'm already going stir crazy, no training, no driving, just me sitting at  home alone!

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love the part about fixing the Class A's and measuring! No matter how long they've been in, they still bust out the ruler to make sure everything's perfect :) You should have seen the pictures of my husband and his groomsmen before our wedding fixing their dress blues....hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete