Quote of the Day

-

Monday, May 3, 2010

Making Things Anew...





This weekend was really boring. I worked all weekend and C. taught and then went to Robb Wolf's nutrition seminar. We are back to doing the no dairy, no grains at all test to see if it helps me out. So I am trying to keep myself busy so that I don't miss my butter and cheese too much. I really, really love decorating. I don't have a flair for it like some but nonetheless I love it! I had to go to pay my ticket this morning and ended up driving around to the various stores for about an hour.I still cannot find the frickin vinyl letters that I wanted so much, might have to order them. So I went and picked up some spray paint and some cute vinyl stickers and ended up redoing our cheepo lamps that were 2/$10 at Fred Meyers and our knife block. I ended up picking up a wine rack and some candle holders to redo from Goodwill as well. Between watching Army wives and Housewives of NYC and killing brain cells I think most of it turned out pretty well... I tried doing House of Hepworth's soap bottle dispener project but it didn't turn out like I wanted so I will redo another some other time, until that time we have a black soap bottle. :{ I really recommend wearing a pair of gloves when using spray paint and a mask, unless you like having colored hands and paint in your nose.

Here are the links to give credit due!
Knive post: http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/03/24/fun-with-vinyl/
- I really love house of hepworths, she has amazing diy projects!
Picture 2

I'm starting this cloche (which is what the candle holder is for and the dome plate)
http://thriftydecorchick.com/
It is her Sunday April 4 post.
Picture 3

I am also looking forward to doing the letter frame (picture 1) which I spotted over at Household Sapper. I bought C. and I's name initials and plan to hang it between our baby photos.

I have a lot of great goodwill finds that I just need to find the time to redo. Our apartment is so small and while I can't paint the walls I'm trying to be creative.
Anyways now off to clean up the mess I made!


No comments:

Post a Comment